Lynn Cassella-Kapusinski, LCPC, NCC knows the difficulties faced by children from divorced families because she has lived through them herself.
Equipped with a BA from the University of Notre Dame and an MS in Pastoral Counseling from Loyola University Maryland, Lynn is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, National Certified Counselor, and an experienced Catholic school counselor. Her professional background includes conducting family, individual and group counseling with children, teens, young adults, and adults. Through her Faith Journeys Foundation, Lynn provides Catholic pastoral care programs to help children from divorced families heal more fully and grow stronger in their faith, so they may pursue their vocations free of the burdens of unresolved grief.
Visit her website at FaithJourneys.com
Latest for OSV
Separation and divorce are heartbreaking realities for families. Many Catholic parents who are divorced feel ill-equipped to help their children cope and seek healing. How can they help their children heal and foster their faith when they are barely keeping it together themselves?
In The Divorced Catholic’s Guide to Parenting, Catholic author, speaker, and licensed clinical professional counselor and pastoral counselor Lynn Cassella-Kapusinski, herself a child of divorce, takes parents step by step through these challenges. Drawing on her own story and professional experience, she helps Catholic parents walk with their children through the heartbreak of divorce into the healing, peace, and even joy that is possible in their lives.
In this groundbreaking work, readers will:
- Uncover the emotional effects and challenges that divorce or separation may have on children and find concrete, developmentally appropriate ways to address them
- Understand common problems children face as a result of coparenting difficulties or a parent’s personal issues and learn how to communicate constructively about them
- Navigate circumstances that arise in the later stages of divorce when a parent is absent, or when one or both parents date or remarry
- Explore ways to use the divorce as a Catholic teaching tool on God, forgiveness, and the beauty of the Sacrament of Matrimony
- Find outside resources and additional support
Throughout this book, Lynn’s thoughtful advice reveals how the Catholic Faith and its teachings are the key to loving your children through divorce and preparing them to live full, joyful lives.