Policies & Procedures
The following are to be considered normative for any organization making application:
- All applications must be accompanied by a Letter of Support from the Ordinary of the Diocese or proper ecclesiastical authority. The organization must be an officially approved Catholic organization listed in The Official Catholic Directory or have received formal notification of approval of such listing from the Ordinary of the Diocese in which the organization resides, or proper ecclesiastical authority.
- Applicants should give serious consideration to the role which Our Sunday Visitor through its staff, board members or Advisory Committee members, may be able to play in the program under consideration, and this role should be outlined in the Application.
- This role may be as advisor for the project, as a member of the planning committee for the program or project, as a co-sponsor, or in some other meaningful capacity in which Our Sunday Visitor can help contribute to the success of, and maintain contact with, the project.
- This requirement is established under the guidance of tax counsel for Our Sunday Visitor, Inc. and will be a substantial, but not necessarily over-riding, consideration in the review process. Please contact the Executive Director if you have questions or comments.
- Funding is ordinarily provided for one-year projects or programs.
- Funding for capital expense projects (i.e. – construction projects), ongoing salaries, or general operational support is discouraged. If, however, requests falling under the latter two categories are project-specific and short-term, they may be considered.
- Applications for ongoing projects or programs must include a plan which outlines anticipated sources of funding for the future support of the project.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek funding from other sources in addition to Our Sunday Visitor Institute and clearly state this information in the application for funding.
- Our Sunday Visitor Institute is interested in supporting programs or projects which have the potential for expansion beyond the locale in which the project originates or have lasting effect or national implications. Such potential should be noted in the application.
- As good stewards, successful applicants must provide progress reports on a quarterly basis to Our Sunday Visitor Institute stating the present status of the project and the amount of Our Sunday Visitor funds expended to date.
If funded and applicant has a website, please add a link to the Our Sunday Visitor Institute website (please use www.osvinstitute.com).
If funded, Our Sunday Visitor reserves the right to publish information concerning the project, unless the recipient notifies us in writing to the contrary.
The Our Sunday Visitor Institute Advisory Committee will consider applications three times each year. All applications must be postmarked by the following deadlines:
- April 10
- August 10
- December 10
During the period between application and formal consideration by the Institute Advisory Committee applications will be screened for adherence to the guidelines, including correlation to the Specific Areas of Concern. Please note that it is to the applicants benefit to submit applications as early as possible, leaving time for the screening group to make inquiries should any questions arise.
Applications which successfully complete the screening process will be reviewed by the Our Sunday Visitor Institute Advisory Committee. The Advisory Committee then recommends approval or rejection of applications to the Our Sunday Visitor Board of Directors which makes the final determination. Applicants will be formally notified following the Board of Directors meetings, which are normally held in March, July and November.
Apply here or call Michelle Hogan at 260.359.2536. All applications must be postmarked by the above deadlines and mailed to:
Our Sunday Visitor Institute
200 Noll Plaza
Huntington, IN 46750
Questions, inquiries or need for assistance regarding applications should be directed to Michelle Hogan at the above address, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 260.359.2536.
- August 12, 2013
- December 10, 2013
- April 10, 2014
- FOCUS, the Fellowship of Catholic University Students
- Catholic Migrant Farmworker Network
- The Evangelical Catholic